Sony Marine Pack For Digital

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi, i dont have the camerea you have, but i have the sony dsc-t1 camera, the one thet sony made before the dsc-t7, and i bought the ubderwater pack for that camerea right before i left for egypt, i got the case, and first took it down with out the camera inside it down to 35 meters, and it didnt leak at all, so then i used the camera in it and got some beatiful pictures, so i think its definetly a good piece of equipment to have, just one thing, after you get done diving for the day, DO NOT rinse out the inside of it, just do the outside, i accidently rinsed out inside, and then had to take apart the the lens part of it , beacuse water got in it, after i dried that it worked fine, so its a good piece of equipment to have,

sidis8:
just one thing, after you get done diving for the day, DO NOT rinse out the inside of it, just do the outside, i accidently rinsed out inside, and then had to take apart the the lens part of it , beacuse water got in it, after i dried that it worked fine,

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!!! :crafty:

The Sony housings work fine. I have been using mine for four years now without a problem. Do make sure you pratice a lot with the camera and the housing before you dive with it. Any training you do out of the water will save pictures under the water.

Some other general advice, minimize how long the camera is left on underwater as the heat will cause fogging. Once the camera fogs it may stay fogged for the remainder of the dive. The setting should be Flash On (probably low power setting), macro On (if its outside the macro setting it's to far away) and ASA to 200 (bright tropical 100 might be OK for shallow). Get close then get closer, if it swims away find one that does not. Good luck and we expect a full report with pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom