Sony DSC-v3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtdeaver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can Anyone give me some insight into the good and bad of this camera for underwater photography. thanks

Well for one thing there is not an underwater housing availible for that camera. You should always check www.digideep.com to see if there is an UW housing for a particular camera.

gtdeaver:
Can Anyone give me some insight into the good and bad of this camera for underwater photography. thanks

This camera is one of the best 8mpix's in the bunch, in fact dpreview rated it over the Canon, Nikon, Pentax, and Oly in it's class.

VERY good shutter lag, and shooting times. Excellent in just about every aspect.

If you are willing to pay the $500 for the Ikelite housing, I'd say it's likely one of the best options availabe. The OLY C-7070 may be a better choice due to the interesting AF options that camera will bring to the table, but it's out this month, and I have NOT seen a review, so the jury is out on that.

I can NOT comment on the V3 as a diving camera other than to say, that good camera's for non-diving applications tend to be the best cameras for diving, and the V3 is definately a good option.

One downside to the V3 is the relatively not so wide 34mm zoom.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom