Sony dsc-v1 for 1st u.w. camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

base569

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what they think about a sony dsc-v1 for underwater photography? I've been thinking about getting a housing for mine, but before I do I wanted to hear what you guys have to say about them. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

Greg, Sony does not make an UW housing for that camera and the other brands that do (eg. Ikelite) will be very expensive (> $500). So my point is you may be better off getting a new camera and UW housing vs. a housing for that camera. For instance a Canon A95 and Canon housing will be around $500 total and you get a new camera.

I has been using a Sony for a few years underwater they do work but there are limitations the most notable is the tendendacy to shift colors towards green UW.

Your choice.

Greg, I'd agree with Cecil. I too have a Sony and it works well, but has limited manual functions and does seem to go toward the green side. I have since been considering retiring it to land shots and selecting another like the A95 for u/w. M2C.

Jetwrench:
Greg, I'd agree with Cecil. I too have a Sony and it works well, but has limited manual functions and does seem to go toward the green side. I have since been considering retiring it to land shots and selecting another like the A95 for u/w. M2C.
Thanks Cecil and Jetwrench. I've been doing some research and it looks like most people feel the same way. Looks like I might have to shop around for a new camera/housing setup instead of giving all that money to Ikelite.

Thanks again,
Greg

Back
Top Bottom