Sony a6500 strobes will not fire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmark18

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Arrived on vacation and assembled my system. I use sync chords and when I tried some test shots I cannot get my strobes to fire. Even though I don’t remember making any menu changes I reset my settings and started from scratch. Still no luck. Any suggestions welcome as I really want to test my new setup. Strobes are Inon Z330 but that should have no bearing on the problem. There is Likely some settling I have changed and am unaware of.
Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions

I assume to the pop up flash is firing. Check to make sure it is able to pop all the way up to align with where it is supposed to be in the housing. Try, temporarily, increasing flash exposure compensation to increase output. Check your fiber optics. Seems unlikely that both broke at once, but possible.

If all that checks out, it would seem to be the strobes. I don't use Inons but I'm guessing there is some way to program them with the preflash for Sony and it may be that somehow they need to be reset.

I am using sync chords not fibre optics otherwise it would not be an issue I bet

Duh. Sorry, I should have paid more attention to your post. Not my day.

Does it still need to be set for fill-flash, ambient plus flash? N

Back
Top Bottom