Sony A1 + 90mm macro surprise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Last week I took my macro rig to the pool Going Macro with Sony A1 and 90mm Macro Lens

Surprisingly the autofocus did not hunt. I had only two shots where I was doing a movement stress test and ended up focusing on the wrong target but otherwise 100% success

I do not know if the setting I adopted which were really for the worst case (focus limiter, aperture drive, etc etc) helped but I feel much more comfortable after this

I was skeptical due to topside use but frankly the A1 autofocus pretty much sees in the dark and the lens has beautiful rendereing wide open

20230324_mf202271_tiger-bokeh-f-2.8-1.jpg
Sony A1 + 90mm macro suprise

Last week I took my macro rig to the pool Going Macro with Sony A1 and 90mm Macro Lens

Surprisingly the autofocus did not hunt. I had only two shots where I was doing a movement stress test and ended up focusing on the wrong target but otherwise 100% success

I do not know if the setting I adopted which were really for the worst case (focus limiter, aperture drive, etc etc) helped but I feel much more comfortable after this

I was skeptical due to topside use but frankly the A1 autofocus pretty much sees in the dark and the lens has beautiful rendereing wide open

20230324_mf202271_tiger-bokeh-f-2.8-1.jpg
Sony A1 + 90mm macro suprise
Very nice. Last year I purchased the Sony A7IV and had it underwater in Roatan this past December. I only had the 16-35mm F4 lens at the time but, since then, I also acquired the Sony 90mm Macro lens and its associated port for my housing. Can't wait to give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom