sony 10-18mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one and yes, I really like it. There is a huge difference between 15mm and 100 in terms of your field of view. The flip side, however is that you need a pretty wide dome port to properly exploit that lens. I have an A6000 in a Nauticam housing and for that lens, I use the 7 inch dome.

Having said that, take a look at the EXIF Data from the images that you have shot. If you find that most of your photography is wide angle then it may be a good investment. If, however, you find that most of your shots are 20mm or longer, then save your money because this lens may not be your best choice.

While I cannot speak for the 10-18 underwater... I can say that it is a super versatile lens above the surface... So IMO, If you are shooting much above the water, as well as below, I would think it could be a nice addition to the arsenal.... That is, IF you wish to spend for the housing port needed... (useful in multiple applications is always a plus right?)

I
I have one and yes, I really like it. There is a huge difference between 15mm and 100 in terms of your field of view. The flip side, however is that you need a pretty wide dome port to properly exploit that lens. I have an A6000 in a Nauticam housing and for that lens, I use the 7 inch dome.

Having said that, take a look at the EXIF Data from the images that you have shot. If you find that most of your photography is wide angle then it may be a good investment. If, however, you find that most of your shots are 20mm or longer, then save your money because this lens may not be your best choice.

That is a great idea.

While I cannot speak for the 10-18 underwater... I can say that it is a super versatile lens above the surface... So IMO, If you are shooting much above the water, as well as below, I would think it could be a nice addition to the arsenal.... That is, IF you wish to spend for the housing port needed... (useful in multiple applications is always a plus right?)

Its funny once I became a certified diver I stopped land photography for all 90% dive trips now lol.

Back
Top Bottom