Somehow I ended up with a nice Force fin video :-) Here you go Bob :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danvolker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
baitball2 - YouTube

The shocking thing to me was that the dive instructor wearing the force fins, was really doing pretty well freediving with the force fins....Me being a long time freedive fin guy with the DiveR composite blades (try twice the cost of the most expensive force fins :)
Any way, the Force Fin wearing guy in this video does an exceptional job of maximizing his opportunities on this dive, and he makes it look easy.

Dan, did you shot that cool footage?. Fun to see Force Fin originals in action. If our viewer's knew our history over fin's they would be amazed to read your words. Thanks. Best, Bob P.S. My 5:00am swim today in the rain, was made extra special after watching the calming images. I enjoyed dipping down to the deep end and watching the rain patterns above.

Dan, did you shot that cool footage?. Fun to see Force Fin originals in action. If our viewer's knew our history over fin's they would be amazed to read your words. Thanks. Best, Bob P.S. My 5:00am swim today in the rain, was made extra special after watching the calming images. I enjoyed dipping down to the deep end and watching the rain patterns above.

Hi Bob,
I enjoyed seeing original Force fins doing stuff I see ALL the split fins FAIL to do constantly :D I shoot video with a Canon 5d Mark II for my magazine sfdj.com , so I look for cool experiences like this baitball...things divers can see in Palm Beach that would be hard to find anywhere else...

The History you mention, would make a fun story to tell :) ... Especially if you still had that photo you took at DEMA :)

Still waiting for you to visit Palm Beach so you can do a "proper" "Where have you been with your Force Fins ?" on it....

The Goliath Grouper are here and spawning.... you should visit and I'll get some footage of you in Force fins on a back drop like this : Goliaths of ZION.. 6min - YouTube ( the wreck of the Zion off northern Palm Beach).

Dan, makes sense now, your diving skills show in the film work. Yes, I need to get down your way with the Hockey fin. Be in touch , thanks for sharing the calming footage and music. Best, Bob

Why don't we plan a Force Fin get together for either the Keys or West Palm Beach for next May? Great time to visit the area and you/we could showcase all our Force Fins!! :D

Dan, makes sense now, your diving skills show in the film work. Yes, I need to get down your way with the Hockey fin. Be in touch , thanks for sharing the calming footage and music. Best, Bob
Thanks Bob, kind of you to say.
As to the trip to Palm beach vs the Keys...., I can pretty much guarantee you guys a dive trip to Palm Beach would have a "WOW Factor" that will blow away the Keys alternative.....and killer group rates at the Hilton Dive Resort on singer Island.

If you are going to be at DEMA in Orlando, let's discuss this there :)

Dan, will be at DEMA only for 2 days. Coming in to attend the Academy of UnderWater Arts and Sciences NOGI Gala dinner, on Thursday night. Why don't you join us there? Then on Saturday, we're off to Grand Cayman to accept an Award on behalf of the family of Louis de Corlieu, who is being inducted into the International Scuba Divers Hall of Fame for creating the first commercially viable swim fin. Wow! Susanne and I will be hanging at Cobalt Coast and diving with our friends Jay and Nancy at Dive Tech. I don't think we can now fit diving in Palm Beach in, but I've made a commitment to dive somewhere every month, so let's plan a dive check. Maybe I should just ship out my Hockey fins next week while your cooking?? Best, Bob

Dan, will be at DEMA only for 2 days. Coming in to attend the Academy of UnderWater Arts and Sciences NOGI Gala dinner, on Thursday night. Why don't you join us there? Then on Saturday, we're off to Grand Cayman to accept an Award on behalf of the family of Louis de Corlieu, who is being inducted into the International Scuba Divers Hall of Fame for creating the first commercially viable swim fin. Wow! Susanne and I will be hanging at Cobalt Coast and diving with our friends Jay and Nancy at Dive Tech. I don't think we can now fit diving in Palm Beach in, but I've made a commitment to dive somewhere every month, so let's plan a dive check. Maybe I should just ship out my Hockey fins next week while your cooking?? Best, Bob
Hi Bob, thanks for the invitation....I will definitely look for you at DEMA, and if you wander around the "toy store" all all, I will be at the Palm Beach county booth # 1759 :)
We have bait balls running through for the next 3 months in Palm Beach.... And while the spawning of the goliath Groupers will end this month, we will be left with a large resident population on the big 3 wrecks for this ( Castor, Mispah, and the Zion) where you could still see 10 to 20 on a normal dive, even in late winter. Sailfish will be the next ultra-cool diving experience we will be sharing with divers from all over--we massive sailfish action late fall and early winter, and we have some big plans on photo safari's and immersive experieinces for divers with them :) ....In other words, for your "Where have I been with my Force fins" thread/chronicle, this is something you might want me to catch you on 1080P video doing :)

The hockey fins intrigue me....I would like to see how they reverse kick and frog kick....as you might guess, my monstroud Dive R blades are kind of ridiculous in the deep wreck penetrations... If you watched some of these in the videos I have put on Youtube, I can manage to not silt easily enough with frog kick, but the long blades hit the ceiling sometimes, and this just is not a practical use for fins this long....
I did a video with a noted GUE diver on the specific techniques we use to avoid silting, and also how to move around for underwater photography and videography....I would be interested to hear how the hockey fin would work for the skills demonstrated in this video....as you probably know, I am no fan of JET fins, but they are the typical fins chosen when precision techniques like this are required....because of the stiff rapid response potential they have--exactly what you are talking about with the new Hockey fin /Force fin.....Maybe one of the Hockey fin users could try these skills out, and let me know how well they are designed for the classic DIR finning techniques ( or types of propulsion we need in deep cave or deep penetration dives...or for good video :) ... see gue-reversekick1 - YouTube ..If your guys say the fins will do this well, I will be VERY INTERESTED in them for my wreck and deep penetration diving.!!!!

Dan

The Hockey Fins are great for frog kicks. They have a concave section on the bottom that really catches the water. They back kick great since they are stiff and again have sort of rails along the edges. I am a rank amateur at video but it is not because of the Hockey Fins - I would hate to see how bad my videos would be without them for positioning. The work great for me when I take photos - the only ones that worked better were the Excellerators.

Mabel Bob and I can work something out to get you one of my pairs - or maybe I can talk my wife into a quick trip down there before rates go up. :D. We have made many trips to the Keys and one to FLL (not impressed) but never to Palm Beach area. Would love to see some BIG fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom