some questions of Layang Layang

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kuris

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear all,

I and my wife are heading to Layang on 15-20th April this year.
i heard that many people encountered hammerhead and some rare species like Orca, Thresher Shark, whale shark, mola... during the full moon period last few years. unfortunately, we dive in new moon period.:(

any friends dived there before who can share some experience with us please? in Layang, moon phase affect the action of the pelagic a lot???

besides, is it necessary to bring macro lens??? the staff of hotel told me to bring it also.

looking forward to hearing any opinion. thank you very much.

Dear all,

I and my wife are heading to Layang on 15-20th April this year.
i heard that many people encountered hammerhead and some rare species like Orca, Thresher Shark, whale shark, mola... during the full moon period last few years. unfortunately, we dive in new moon period.:(

any friends dived there before who can share some experience with us please? in Layang, moon phase affect the action of the pelagic a lot???

besides, is it necessary to bring macro lens??? the staff of hotel told me to bring it also.

looking forward to hearing any opinion. thank you very much.

The number of things you see is not dependent on moon but rather the month for this place.
Most importantly is your luck......2 out of 3 groups seen Hammerhead sharks in Aug 2017 (which is low season).
.....about micro-lens, there is a sign board there which tells you to put it on.....to increase your luck. hehehe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom