Some posts won't load?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
At times the last couple of days, either I'll set up a new thread with a quoted story in A&I or set up a post to an old thread with quoted story in the same forum, but when I click Post - it'll look like it's loading, but fails.

After repeated attempts yesterday, I saved the text to a Notepad, opened and closed the browser, then found two attempts had worked. I has to ask to have one deleted.

Tried rebooting and a nap. Problem persists.

Some posts load; some don't. Even Conversation or direct messages will freeze at times.

Rebooting will not delete persistent cookies. Toss your cookies and see. FWIW, Chrome is becoming more problematic with forums. Firefox handles it far better.

Cookie, Cache, and History cleared, in under 30 minutes. Hope that solves the problem.

Cookie, Cache, and History cleared, in under 30 minutes. Hope that solves the problem.
You might try re-installing Chrome b/c the last time I did the same thing it took about 15 seconds. Although that's partially Processor/Operating system dependent

Firefox is my Primary browser. As Pete mentioned it seems to work better with Xenforo on Windows10

Safari on iPhone seems to be ok

Have you tried turning your machine off and on? jk

You might try re-installing Chrome b/c the last time I did the same thing it took about 15 seconds. Although that's partially Processor/Operating system dependent

Firefox is my Primary browser. As Pete mentioned it seems to work better with Xenforo on Windows10
Clearing Cookie, Cache, and History seems to have worked. I posted on the problem A&I thread today without problem.

Google Chrome is such a leading browser in the world, I think that a system needs to work with it instead of avoiding it. I did have to turn off my Google Translate extension tho; it kept changing words in my emails.

IMO Xenforo is a lttle myopic in their browser support while focusing on phone browsing.

Also they're UK based so may have a different default browser used by their programmers, I've read Opera is a popular choice there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom