Some of my teeth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AeroMike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, what better way to get others to know mw then to show you all some of my fossil sharks teeth. Please enjoy and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I have found these on land, digging and sifting the dirt, and diving.

First off, here I am in my wetsuit getting ready for another black water river dive. I distorted my buddies face as he does not usually post his image online.
PA160007-1.jpg

Some teeth
SAM_0951.jpg

SAM_0955.jpg

I have only found one Angustidens tooth that can actually stand on its root
SAM_0953.jpg

SAM_0954.jpg

2.5" Great White tooth, Man, I sure would liked to have found this with a full root
SAM_0952.jpg

most of my Mako teeth
SAM_0946.jpg

SAM_0948.jpg

SAM_0947.jpg

Ever see a 4" mako tooth?
SAM_0949.jpg

A couple of 3" Mako teeth
3inchmako.jpg

SAM_0950.jpg

a 1.5" Benedini tooth
15Beni.jpg

Some of t he larger Angustidens teeth, this was the daddy of the megalodon shark
SAM_0941.jpg

SAM_0942.jpg

SAM_0411.jpg

SAM_0943.jpg

Here is the largest Angustidens tooth I have found and too bad it is only a partial tooth because this piece still measures in at 4.5"
SAM_0944.jpg

Bone white perfect Angustidens
DSC_0400800x600.jpg

2" Hemipristis tooth, you do not seem them this big and nice too often. This is just a flawless, perfect tooth with super sharp serrations, I know, I cut my thumb on it, lol
DSC_0402800x600.jpg

Talk about posterior tooth!!! how about this meg tooth?
DSC02728.jpg

Gator plate
Gatorplate.jpg

a piece of petrified wood with bark pattern on it
SAM_0958.jpg

SAM_0959.jpg

And what is a fossil post if you don't post a pic of some coprolite (fancy word for fossilized poo! lol)
DSC02528.jpg

Well, there you have it, I do have some meg teeth but nothing really special at all.

I am currently cleaning barnacles off a nice big piece of whale vertebrae about the size of a quart paint can.

I so want to come to Florida and do some tooth hunting. Seeing you guys posts pictures of your collections makes me jealous :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom