Some nice new (to me) dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeckyll

Contributor
Reaction score
Went out today with a buddy who was camping at porteau cove. We did the porteau wall (at least I think that's where we were :wink: ). At the end of the campground we entered the water by the little pedestrian bridge and dove around to the beach on the other side.

HUGE octo at about 40+ feet. Suckers the size of loonies or toonies... :D

Second dive was out under the pier at porteau. Found a small octo at the end, well hidden. Very shallow dive, loads of crab and rockfish out by the end of the pier.

Good day and a new perspective on an 'old' location :)

:eek:ctopus: Oh you guys are teasing me again with those octo sightings!!

Les:
:eek:ctopus: Oh you guys are teasing me again with those octo sightings!!

Les, I'm out in Nanaimo diving on Saturday, but I may be up for a dive on sunday unless the weather is nice (bike insurance is almost up, need to take advantage :wink: )

Bjorn

I still have residual cold lingering. My insurance is up on the 20th. I went on the toy run today. Maybe dive porteau next weekend? (but not sunday)

Les I just took Friday off and may be interested in diving in the morning if I'm not out on the bike :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom