Some more pics for everyone to enjoy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lukeROB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hadn't posted any pics for a bit. Thought everyone might enjoy these. Sorry about the quality, I've recompressed these a couple of times but you get the idea.

Nice shots--thanks for sharing them.

An Az diver

Great shots. I always liie clowns and anemones. Maybe it's because we don't have them here.

Very cool....as usual!

Thanks everyone.
Giligan - I like clowns too because I dont see them unless on holidays :)

alcina:
I like them! Are they from Ningaloo region?

I posted a selection.
First one is from ningaloo - Blizzard ridge.
Second from down south - Swan Wreck.
Third on from outside my house - Boy ina boat Reef (shore dive).

lukeROB:
I posted a selection.
First one is from ningaloo - Blizzard ridge.

Have to laugh...when I first saw it I was going to say that it looks like many I have from a site up here...Blizzard Ridge in the small canyon with the large anemone patch on it! Yours is definitely better than most of mine at that anemone...I haven't even attempted any for a long long time as I find them so frustrating there!

BTW...BR is one of my favs - it has been absolutely the best I have ever seen it over the past few months...and I have been diving it since '99!

alcina:
Have to laugh...when I first saw it I was going to say that it looks like many I have from a site up here...Blizzard Ridge in the small canyon with the large anemone patch on it! Yours is definitely better than most of mine at that anemone...I haven't even attempted any for a long long time as I find them so frustrating there!

BTW...BR is one of my favs - it has been absolutely the best I have ever seen it over the past few months...and I have been diving it since '99!

Lucky you. When I was there it was not great vis (last July). Still a good dive though, also found a few mantis shrimp, big wobbies, loads of other cool shrimps etc. That photo was taken on my second dive with my A70 (first was at night on the navy pier). I only snapped two photos of the clown because the DM was shifting me along with the rest of the group - didn't have a buddy and boat had uneven numbers (I got in trouble back on the boat for holding people up - what is it with trying to cover a whole reef in one dive).

lukeROB:
Lucky you. When I was there it was not great vis (last July). Still a good dive though, also found a few mantis shrimp, big wobbies, loads of other cool shrimps etc. That photo was taken on my second dive with my A70 (first was at night on the navy pier). I only snapped two photos of the clown because the DM was shifting me along with the rest of the group - didn't have a buddy and boat had uneven numbers (I got in trouble back on the boat for holding people up - what is it with trying to cover a whole reef in one dive).

My favourite time to dive BR is when the viz is less than 5m...there are so many tiny shrimps, nudis, eels, you name it! The bad viz makes me slow down even more. And that is how it got it's name, too!

I usually cover about 20m - 40m of this site per dive. If I really want something (I know where most stuff is likely to be most days) and the boat is away from it, then I might cover more area - but usually I get waylaid before I reach my destination!

One dive I did 70 minutes and never made it from the decent line at the back to the anchor line in front of the boat! There were more than 10 species of nudis, schooling fishes, wobbies, lionfish, whitetips, eels, sea snakes...man, that was awesome! 'Course, the others who went further away also saw a leopard shark and a massive bull ray, but you can't have everything and I am used to that happening! They missed the mating displays of two sets of octopus and an eel trying to flick away a particularly pesky damsel, so I guess we were even!

The vast majority of "holiday" divers want to see as much as they can, but haven't been taught what that should mean! Instead of concentrating on seeing as much variety/action/behaviour as they can most want to see as much site as they can...if that makes sense! Once they get a camera in their hands they change mighty quick (mostly!)

Back
Top Bottom