Some help about Miami diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peeweediver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
An Open Water student asked me a question last night and I thought I'd ask you guys. We just finished Mod 5 for confined open water and I think I'll be teaching this student for open water dives in our wonderful quarry in 10 days He will be going with his parents to Miami in July. He asked if there are any good dive shops and dive sites (shallow) in or near Miami. He may even want to do his Advanced, though I suggested getting a bunch of dives in before taking that. Can anyone recommend a dive shop in or close to Miami that can take a new diver to shallow, decent sites? He may not have the freedom to go to the Keys due to being with parents and only being in Florida for 5 days.
Thanks for any help you can provide. I'll be seeing him again next Tuesday to review the final and watch the ancient Reef Patrol video...yes, our shop still has it.

Rob

Hello @peeweediver

You’ve been active on this site for over a decade, so I hate to have to say this but; “the search function is your friend.” Many folks have answered your query succulently and specifically in the not too distant past. I’ve done so several times.

Miami is a fairly large city, and there are many retail shops, but only a scant few dive operations that can suit your student’s needs. I’m a little too lazy to find the links again for you right now, but if you do a search for “Deco Divers” and “Tarpoon Lagoon dive shop”, you’ll find all that you need to know to get your student out to shallow sites almost every day of the week onboard a fully capable operation based at the Miami Beach Marina.

I agree, I am guilty of being a bit lazy. I’ll do just as you suggest then tell my student to do the rest.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

SeaExperience in Ft Lauderdale is the closest one I’m familiar with.

They run a great, safety conscious operation and dive many shallow sites (wrecks & reefs) suitable for a new diver.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom