Some Belize Photos - Let me know...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RussR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I took these with the sp350 and DS51 strobe - This was only my second trip with this setup in RAW mode.

I bought the educational version of Photoshop before the trip (CS2 like 17 days before I would have been eligible for a free upgrade to CS3 :shakehead )

Here are my favorite shots from the trip, I am still learning.....

One question - What can I do via Photoshop or while shooting to get a good shot inside the coral, of the shrimp, without overexposing the edges?

It was a great trip and I learned a lot about the setup (can be temperamental) and underwater photography, still lots to go. These shots are all edited, some more than others - let me know what you think

shrimpcoral.jpg

xmastree.jpg

lobstertails.jpg

turtle.jpg

*They may be too wide....****

thanks

Russ

Cool photos. You're right that they are a little too wide, though. I try to limit mine to 800 pixels wide, and even that is too wide for people who set their monitors to 800 x 600 resolution. I would guess that most people use 1024 x 768 or better on their monitors, though.

I found the lobster butt shot amusing. I'm guessing that they were looking out a different hole in the rocks and you went to the back door. One doesn't see many shots of lobsters from that angle! One might call those lobster "voyeur" or "up-shell" shots. :wink:

David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom