Some Baja dive reports would be nice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone been diving down there lately?

Recommend you try a Scubaboard search on terms like Baja, Cortez, Cantamar, Cabo, Loreto for the latest posts on Baja diving. Just need to remember that the search term needs to be at least 4 characters long otherwise the search engine won't return any hits. For example "La Paz" isn't recognized as a valid search by the search engine.

read most of those, I am wanting to hear from recent baja divers.

read most of those, I am wanting to hear from recent baja divers.

You probably won't find many dive reports from the Sea of Cortez area this time of year. Not the best time for diving. Water doesn't start to warm up much until May.

Ocean temperatures along the Sea of Cortez run the extremes, from the high 50's in the dead of winter to the high 80's by mid to late summer. The waters tend to be a bit warmer at the south end, near Los Cabos.

I see, I am hoping to get down there sometime in April and trying to gather information at the moment. I will be heading down with a travel trailer with no particular destination or schedule. I was thinking of stopping at Mulege and working my way down the coast.

The most recent diving I did down there was 2 dives near Bahia de Los Angeles in AUG 07 when we stayed at Baja Air Ventures Las Animas Eco-resort Whale Watching Tours & Trips, Sea Kayaking Baja, California - Sea of Cortez Retreat.

Both dives were on a rocky reef (that didn't even have a name) near their resort. The diving was pretty good (better than I expected). The water was around 75deg which is a bit cool for my tastes. We also had a hammerhead come near our boat at another location while we were bottom fishing so I'm thinking the Bahia de Los Angles area probably has the potential for some pretty good diving. Some links that might be of use:

Bahia de los Angeles Information Site....Welcome!

The Gringo Gazette, Baja's only English speaking newspaper. Covering fishing, golf, real estate, news and all services in the Northern and Southern Baja, Mexico.

Have you looked at this thread?

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/mexico/172798-diving-baja-advice.html

Wish you luck on your trip.

Also did a LOB out of La Paz in late OCT 06 and the diving was good. Diving with sea lions was great and the water was around 83deg.

(I've recently requested a separate sub-forum for the Baja Peninsula)

BajaDivers.com is a new Web site for those interested in diving the 2,000-mile coastline of Mexico's Baja Peninsula. Our site is still under development, but our goal is to become the best source of information on Baja diving anywhere on the 'Net. In coming weeks, we'll be adding a Virtual Dive Log feature where you - the site visitor - can post your Baja experiences for others to enjoy. We'll also include our own reviews of the many Baja dive sites along with a directory of operators who can get you to each site.

BajaDivers.com - by divers, for divers!

This info will soon be available on our site, but since you're heading south soon, I've sent along our water temp and visibility chart as an attachment to this post. Safe trip and good diving!

R.J. Archer
BajaDivers.com

Attachments

• WaterConditionsTable.jpg
    WaterConditionsTable.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 42
Thanks for the information, links and web site. Great info. Best of luck with the new web page. And, a separate Baja forum would be nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom