Solus Led backup Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sclakediver

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was thinking about getting one of these sweet backup lights soon. That is until the MSRP jumped 50%. Does anyone have any idea why this light now costs $300? I thought $200 was a little steep. Guess I was wrong.

You shoulda got while the getting was good. Beautifully cool light. Another awesome thing from Dublin besides U2 and Enya. The declining value of the US dollar sure doesn't help buy anything manufactured in Europe.

I was afraid of that

do a search this thread has been done...I feel the same but ordered one anyway, in Japan they are only $250, Im still waiting for it tho...

look about 12 down on the "Lights" forum titile page...

Finally got the Solus/oxycheq backup light, Havent taken it diving yet but some first impressions:
On land side by side its noticably brighter than my DiveRite LED 300, the beam is also tighter. Its solid as a rock, the finish isnt as flawless as I would expect given the price there are some rough edges and some nicks in the aluminium. One of the O rings had a nick in it and I had to replace it before taking it diving, the quality control isnt up to much. The magnetic switching is pretty cool. Over all its a great light and a parfect OW night dive primary, is it worth $300? Im not sure about that but now I own it I will love it accordingly. If youve got 300 burning a whole then go for it...

Back
Top Bottom