Solo diving class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Took the class two years ago. Haven't actually done a solo dive yet.

Got a question abot the class. Did you dive solo for the class or w/ an instr? If you dove solo what were you suposed to do? If w/ an instr, What did they do w/ you.

Haven't taken the solo class but I dive solo all the time. I work nights and weekends so finding a buddy that has the same days off is tough. I always carry a 40cuft stage bottle, I have a lot of training and experience and my equipment is well maintained. So for me it's not a problem.

WaterDawg:
Got a question abot the class. Did you dive solo for the class or w/ an instr? If you dove solo what were you suposed to do? If w/ an instr, What did they do w/ you.

For the class we dove with an instructor. Here's the course outline, which pretty much covers it:

http://www.tdicanada.com/courses/sdi/solo.pdf

scubahorse:
Do you dive solo?

Yes

Anyone took a solo diving class? Thanks!

I'm sure *someone* has, but I have not.

I have dual redundant gear for most items, and I'm careful about where I go and what I do....I only dive solo on fairly tame 40' dives lasting 30 min or so.

pipedope:
And I was the only one there. :D

Did you pass or do you have to go for more solo dives before you're good enough to dive solo without an instructor?

PADI has a Solo Diving Specialty?

I must have passed the class because in January 1,2004, I went to Clear Springs Scuba Park for the Polar Bear Dive with
out a scuba buddy. Air Temp. 67 and Bottom Temp. 54.
I solo dived for 31 minutes came back alive and well.

Where is my C-Card?
Requirement for Solo Diving Specialty 3 dives.

I need 2 more dives AH AH AH AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you underwater,

Charlyn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom