Solo 02 vs DNA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sebdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
looking for an Analyzer and I'm hesitating in between the Solo O2 and the DNA from divesoft. any one compared both? is the high end flow limiter a must or no?

Cheers!

I assume you mean "must" rather than "most." No.
If you are happy to use your phone, then the DNA is fine. And cheaper.
If you want the highest possible accuracy then a flow limiter is useful, but it need not be the fancy one.
How are you going to use? With personal Nitrox tanks, or partial-pressure blending, or a CCR, or what?

If you want the highest possible accuracy then a flow limiter is useful, but it need not be the fancy one.
How are you going to use? With peranla Nitrox tanks, or partial=pressure blending, or a CCR, or what?
yes sorry for typo!

How are you going to use? With peranla Nitrox tanks, or partial=pressure blending, or a CCR, or what?
I'll prob transition to CCR in the next 2-3 years now for nitrox and Deco bottle. debating if I need one or no..

I would get the cheapest O2 analyser you can find with the fewest gimmicks - Analox used to make ubiquitous green indestructible analysers. All these things do is read voltage from a cell and display it. Solo is in an awkward price range for what it does, keep in mind that everything in divings gets smashed to bits and wet.

I have Analox and Divesoft He/O2. Analox for quickly verifying gas at a dive site and constant abuse, Divesoft for decanting / trimix.

I opted for the Solo O2 because I didn't want to have to use my phone. Also, the price isn't too much more when you have to buy an oxygen cell for the DNA. However, some shops will throw in a used one from a CCR. Lastly, the O2 can be upgraded to trimix by just sending to Divesoft to add a helium cell.

As to the flow limiter the included one is fine. I contemplated buying the one that attaches to an inflator hose but now that I have the analyzer I am good with the included limiter.

My dive soft inflator hose flow limiter is difficult to insert into any hose without hurting my fingers. I rarely use it. Why not just make them a little bigger????

Back
Top Bottom