Solitary Islands, Coffs Harbour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReyeR

Reaction score
Pics from weekend trip to Solitary Islands, Coffs Harbour. Coffs is about a six hour drive north from Sydney (Australia). It has a strange mix of temperate and tropical fish life. Diving was great. On the surface we also saw migrating humpback whales, one of which did a breach for us. Also a lone manta that got spooked and took off before we could get in the water.
Friendly batfish at the mooring:

fbf3966a.jpg

Turtle:

fbf39667.jpg

If you can't see the image click here:

Wobbegong shark:

fbf3966d.jpg

Giant Australian Cuttlefish:

fbf39666.jpg

Moray Eel:

fbf39668.jpg

Last but not the least a friendly Eastern Blue Groper:

fbf39663.jpg

Those are great!

I notice that ImageStation is now allowing posting of single photos. When did they start that? :)

It's allowed linking ever since I joined (maybe Mar 2003). They'll probably realise and stop it sometime in the future... :(

ReyeR once bubbled...
It's allowed linking ever since I joined (maybe Mar 2003). They'll probably realise and stop it sometime in the future... :(

They used to allow single postings until last spring about this time. At that time there was a mad scramble for free photo hosting sites. I suppose they felt the loss and reconsidered!

Hello,

I have free hosting and unlimited space available because I do my own hosting.

As for the images I think on the first one a 90 degree rotation of the camera would have looked better.

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom