Solid state O2 sensor now released?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Schwob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does this (below) mean they are now released?
Do tell more... please...
Especially, but not only in regards to full OEM use, not just as back-up.
Poseidon

Q: With what configuration will the Solid State O2 Sensor work?
A: They will initially only work in conjunction with the M28 computer and CPOD. The M28 / SSS / CPOD
configuration can be used as a back up sensor / third cell with any rebreather as well as obviously with the SE7EN.

Poseidon

@Schwob they are on my Poseidon Price List, so I can purchase them.
M28 retail is $2k, CPOD with cable is $800, and SSS is $1300
Got it. Thanks...
Very proud sensor pricing.
Not entirely surprised...
... but that paradigm shift will take a while before it has a chance to reach me...

Do you guys think they will ever make these available either as a part that could be incorporated into a gas analyzer or as part of a Poseidon branded analyzer?

Obviously a little pricey for home users. I was hoping with time and volume that the price might eventually come down. If it's only suitable for a CCR, then I guess volume will always be fairly low.

@kelemvor you can technically use the Cpod for a gas analyzer if you wanted to, wouldn't be hard to screw on adapters at the end and put a flow meter on there, but the main reason for this drive is CCR's where the sensors get current limited at the high end of the spectrum and start acting weird. A lot of CCR divers I know will "retire" their o2 cells into their gas analyzers because they behave just fine between .2 and 1.0, but are no longer acceptable above 1.0

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom