Solicitation for O-boat pix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison

Trusty Shellback
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'll be making a presentation on the Oriskany to the movers & shakers in Lower Alabama on May 25th, with one of my central themes being the sealife growth on and around the ship since she was sunk. If anyone has any pictures that show growth on or fish/critters around the O-boat that I can use please send 'em to me at rick@scubaboard.com or post 'em here in this thread. I need dates on the pix so I can show the progression of growth...
These are the folks who can get permits and permission and money for reefing projects so I want 'em to walk out of the meeting with the firm knowledge that it's time & money well spent.
Thanks,
Rick

Rick Murchison:
I'll be making a presentation on the Oriskany to the movers & shakers in Lower Alabama on May 25th, with one of my central themes being the sealife growth on and around the ship since she was sunk. If anyone has any pictures that show growth on or fish/critters around the O-boat that I can use please send 'em to me at rick@scubaboard.com or post 'em here in this thread. I need dates on the pix so I can show the progression of growth...
These are the folks who can get permits and permission and money for reefing projects so I want 'em to walk out of the meeting with the firm knowledge that it's time & money well spent.
Thanks,
Rick

Rick,

I wish I could help you personally. I drove to Pensacola on Saturday to go out on the Oriskany on Sunday, but the trip was canceled due to rough seas. I know the folks at MBT Divers have pictures and video. Give them a call at 850-455-7702. Also there are a number of other dive operations that I am sure have pictures. They include Down Under Dive Shop www.downunderdiveshop.com in Gulf Shores, and www.DiveMightyO.com .

I am going to continue to try to make this trip in the next few weeks. I plan to shoot u/w photography on the wreck.

Rick Murchison:
Thanks,
Rick

If I hadn't flooded my camera the week before I dove the Oriskany, you'd have mail :(

Rick

Check with Cathy (The ice cream lady) at Scuba Shack. She has a progression of videos that were started when the ship went down and continue to present. For such a purpose I am sure that she will share.

TT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom