Closed Sold! Dive Rite Modular Vavles for 7/8" UNF (3500PSI) with *modern* spacing!

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmassey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
tl;dr: I have a pair modular valves for "skinny neck" HP tanks ready for a modern isolator and tank bands! $200. H-valves, isolator and bands available too.

There has been discussion about the fact that it's very difficult to find decent manifold valves for 7/8" UNF (aka "skinny" valves, true high-pressure, 3500 PSI, 300 BAR DIN, etc.). The majority of manifolds are the slant-back Sherwood/Genesis manifolds.

These manifolds are not at all popular. The slant back design tends to traps water and elevates the first stage. The face-sealed design makes the spacing sensitive, and probably most important, they were designed for a narrow tank spacing (207mm/8.125"). You must use tank bands designed for these manifolds only. Unfortunately, those bands are terrible: they're thin, narrow and very poorly assembled (weak welds). *Plus* the negatives of the slant-back.

Does this mean that they're not diveable? No: if properly assembled and maintained, they work. But there's a *reason* that bands and manifolds are not designed like that today.

Anyway: I have a set of Dive Rite manifold valves that have the 7/8" UNC valve fitting, *and* use the standard manifold style and spacing! With these valves, you can use either a standard, modern isolation manifold with any standard 8.5"/215mm set of tank bands you want, *or* a standard, modern H-valve. (Or use plugs and use them as single-tank valves, knowing that if you want to double them up in the future they're ready and only need standard parts!)

I've had a *very* hard time finding these. Because of that, the price is admittely high: $200 for the pair. The isoloator in the picture is not included. I used it to demonstrate the spacing. Having said that, it's a brand-new never-wet DGX isolator, and if you want it I'll include it for the exact same $50 I paid for it. I also have a L/R pair of H-valves if you'd prefer those: $100 for the pair. That *is* cheaper than new. Heck, I've got a set of brand-new never-wet DGX bands for the same $100 I paid for them, if you want those too. (Or, simply buy your own from DGX if you'd prefer.) Shipping is additional and will likely be under $20 for US Priority Mail. PayPal preferred, amount to me after fees, please.

If this is interesting to someone who wants to upgrade from the Genesis manifold, great. Especially for someone who has a hard-to-find set of tanks like HP120's with Genesis valves (doubles *or* single): you can get all the advantages of modern valves on your hard-to-find tanks. (That's why I have these: I was going to do exactly that, but I ended up selling the HP120's to someone who wanted singles.)

Thank you for looking!
IMG_0283.jpg IMG_0280.jpg IMG_0281.jpg IMG_0282.jpg

I’m interested. Can you PM me? sumpcaver@gmail.com

tl;dr: I have a pair modular valves for "skinny neck" HP tanks ready for a modern isolator and tank bands! $200. H-valves, isolator and bands available too.

There has been discussion about the fact that it's very difficult to find decent manifold valves for 7/8" UNF (aka "skinny" valves, true high-pressure, 3500 PSI, 300 BAR DIN, etc.). The majority of manifolds are the slant-back Sherwood/Genesis manifolds.

These manifolds are not at all popular. The slant back design tends to traps water and elevates the first stage. The face-sealed design makes the spacing sensitive, and probably most important, they were designed for a narrow tank spacing (207mm/8.125"). You must use tank bands designed for these manifolds only. Unfortunately, those bands are terrible: they're thin, narrow and very poorly assembled (weak welds). *Plus* the negatives of the slant-back.

Does this mean that they're not diveable? No: if properly assembled and maintained, they work. But there's a *reason* that bands and manifolds are not designed like that today.

Anyway: I have a set of Dive Rite manifold valves that have the 7/8" UNC valve fitting, *and* use the standard manifold style and spacing! With these valves, you can use either a standard, modern isolation manifold with any standard 8.5"/215mm set of tank bands you want, *or* a standard, modern H-valve. (Or use plugs and use them as single-tank valves, knowing that if you want to double them up in the future they're ready and only need standard parts!)

I've had a *very* hard time finding these. Because of that, the price is admittely high: $200 for the pair. The isoloator in the picture is not included. I used it to demonstrate the spacing. Having said that, it's a brand-new never-wet DGX isolator, and if you want it I'll include it for the exact same $50 I paid for it. I also have a L/R pair of H-valves if you'd prefer those: $100 for the pair. That *is* cheaper than new. Heck, I've got a set of brand-new never-wet DGX bands for the same $100 I paid for them, if you want those too. (Or, simply buy your own from DGX if you'd prefer.) Shipping is additional and will likely be under $20 for US Priority Mail. PayPal preferred, amount to me after fees, please.

If this is interesting to someone who wants to upgrade from the Genesis manifold, great. Especially for someone who has a hard-to-find set of tanks like HP120's with Genesis valves (doubles *or* single): you can get all the advantages of modern valves on your hard-to-find tanks. (That's why I have these: I was going to do exactly that, but I ended up selling the HP120's to someone who wanted singles.)

Thank you for looking!
View attachment 502170 View attachment 502171 View attachment 502172 View attachment 502173

Are parts still available for those valves if ever needed? Are plugs included?

XS Scuba does make the 7/8 thermo manifolds again but they are expensive.

I’ve never taken them apart so I can’t say definitively. But the only valve I know of (in terms of DIN age) that doesn’t have parts easily available is, ironically, the valves that these would best replace: the Sherwood/Genesis 6300’s... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom