Solar Air Luggage Limit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buadhai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
How strict is Solar Air with their luggage limit? I'm headed to Koh Tao this week via Solar Air and the Lomprayah ferry. Solar Air's stated baggage limit is 10K. Just my BCD, fins and mask weigh almost that much. Excess baggage is 70 baht per kilo! I guess I'll just have to wear the same clothes all week!

Ayesha mentioned it in the thread where you unmercifully teased me about transport to Koh Tao:

Hire a chaufeur driven limousine along with a servant to take you directly to the ferry.Thailand Bangkok Limousines: Bangkok Limo & Car Hire Service
You may also wish to take an attractive young lady from one of your local beer bars to make the trip even more comfortable. :D

Alternatively you can join the Orient Express at Hua Lamphong in Bangkok, I am sure for the right fee they will schedule an additional stop at Chumpon to allow you to hop off.Eastern and Oriental Express - Luxury Train travel through South East Asia, Thailand and Singapore.

Leave tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Full report next week.

On Koh Tao now enjoying sunset and a Chang Draught. Flight and ferry were fine. Bag weighed just over the limit but no charge. A little disappointed I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to dive. But, two dives are probably enough for this old man.

Hi!
I am planing our transport from Bangkok to Koh Tao too.The best option for us is combo Solar air and Lomprayah. But I don´t understand their term conditions. Don´t you know some specification about baggage on aeroplane? On Solar air website is said that 10 kg are allowed and over that 30 Bht per kg; on Lomprayah website is allowed 5 kg and 70 Bht after that per kg. Is there some maximum weight or size limits luggage?
Thank you very much

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom