SOLA Lights: Be careful when ordering, hassle galore!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris.evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently ordered a SOLA 800 photo, tray/arm, and wrist mount.

All SOLA branded, none fitting together.

• Apparently they just changed the mount to something non-backwards compatible. Make sure you have a 2012 wrist strap, that visually has neoprene, not only velcro. (If you have a 2012 light)
  • The SOLA photo light does not connect to the SOLA tray/arm! You must purchase an adapter (18EUR/23USD!) to connect the SOLA photo light to the SOLA tray/arm!

I am already on my trip and finding this out, I googled a lot and didnt see a thread like this, anyone buying equipment from this company beware, there's a good chance that you will get incompatible parts, even when directly stated as compatible on a reseller's website.

Hope this helps people avoid the situation I am currently in, I never expected this hassle and nickel-and-diming; as the lights are quite expensive --Wrong assumption on my part!

Back
Top Bottom