Sola 2000 Problems?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been looking at the Light & Motion Sola 2000 but read a couple of less than stellar reviews on the Leisure Pro site. I'm looking for more feedback on people's experiences with this light, especially if you've had problems. Thanks.

I absolutely abused a pair of them for a couple years. After salt water immersion, soak them in fresh water and manipulate the slider while doing so. L+M warranty and repair tends to be well above average. I don't hesitate to recommend it if it fits your use case.

There are some things I like, but I'm generally not a fan. I do like the general design and especially the through-the-case battery charging. I rinse mine thoroughly after every dive, manipulate the slider, soak them overnight and rinse again. The sliders still janked up. In general, I think they're overpriced for what they are.

Are there any other similar -- sealed -- torches available? Sealed is the part I like best, but the switch isn't exactly "robust".

I had an issue with one of the flood LEDs dying on a Sola 1200 s/f. This was while sitting on a shelf -- never got wet -- for about 11 months after covid hit. After discovery, they immediately sent out a brand new light and pre-paid shipping label to return the old one. I have a few dives on the replacement now, and it is still working well.

Back
Top Bottom