Software for GoPro color correction (Windows)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iyakonboats

Sound reasoning and science trumps your feelings
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know this is, or has, probably been a topic for which has been beaten worse than a dead horse; however, I'd love a conclusive opinion in regards to a few tools, both of which I have experience with and only one tool I own now, the other not yet.

This being said, I have used VSDC for a lot of stuff, normally basic video editing with no color correction; however, we used our GoPro in West Palm Beach, FL for our dive trip over the holiday, with no filter on it (super busy at work, left the red filter at my desk) and when I attempted to use the Auto Levels in VSDC, it looked like total crap! Now, that being said, I know VSDC is not the best tool there is, but it is affordable and powerful for the price. I am looking at Adobe Premiere Pro because I see a lot of people recommend it, but I wanted to know your opinion on using it for correcting the video's colors for a 60' dive in regards to "ease of use", since I won't be an expert at first, I'd love for there to either be an "easy button", which I know may not exist, or maybe a "here is a headstart" auto type button.

Advice?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom