Sofirn SD05?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m thinking about picking up a few Sofirn SD05 lights for my family to use on occasional clear water night dives. Is anyone using these, and if so what are your opinions of them?

I have two SD05 and have about 50 dives on them both night open water and cavern. Very happy with the 21700 battery life and brightness is great for either rec diving or backup light. Run Time is consistent at 2.5 hours on medium (still plenty bright after 2x 1 hour dives. ). Double oring seal system is good. Form factor is good and they feel good in the hand.

Worst thing is treading the cave line through the tiny hole provided to tie on the bolt snap.

I also have been using their larger 3 element SD01on a Goodman handle. This is also a very nice light. The 4x 18650_make the light a bit heavy in the hand but not having to deal with the cord is great. Only 20 or so dives on the SD01 since I only clip it on for purpose. The SD01 compared favorably with big blue models. worst thing is the single bolt attachment to the hard Goodman handle.

Thanks. How long did they take to ship from China?

I bought one, liked it so much I ordered a second along with extra batteries. They both took about 3 weeks to arrive. The second one was DOA, but I received a replacement about 2 weeks after sending a video demonstrating it didn’t work.

For ~$40 they are quite nice I think.

They both took about 3 weeks to arrive.
Well, that’s a bummer since we leave for Bonaire in exactly 3 weeks. I guess I need to come up with a contingency plan.

The SD05 is available on Amazon for 45 with prime delivery. I did one order from China but couldn't find the charger so ordered a second and got it in a day or so from Amazon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom