Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquabluegreg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Information from the Rocio del mar Liveaboard for dive trips to the Socorro Islands.

As of April 22, 2021, the park fee IS WAIVED for passengers over age 60. A photocopy of a passport showing a birthdate is required. Mexican Nationals must provide a copy of their INAPAM. Active students and teachers will receive a 50% discount. A photocopy of the front and back of an identification card is required.

Interesting. Since the diving population is getting older, they may be missing out on a lot of park fees. I have the RDM chartered for November of 2023 and I suspect at least half of the folks are or will be over 60.

It's good for me. I have been paying the fee for most of my divers so no fee will be a good thing...!

That's good to hear. Now if only Costa Rica would do the same for Cocos Island!

A bit of an update today, May 17...

We have just been contacted by CONANP, the organization in charge of the Socorro and Guadalupe parks. We were told that, in order to have the park fee waived for persons over 60, proof must be provided that the person is retired. In Mexico, this can be done via a card issued by the Mexican Government called an INAPAM. Obviously, there is no such thing in the US. Therefore, proof to show that a person is retired can be done by a photocopy of a social security check or pension check.

This means that even passengers over 60 will be responsible for paying the park fee of $450 per person unless they can provide that documentation.

That will still work for quite a few folks. I guess I need to start taking my SS before November of 2023. I'll be 65 by then.

A bit of an update today, May 17...

We have just been contacted by CONANP, the organization in charge of the Socorro and Guadalupe parks. We were told that, in order to have the park fee waived for persons over 60, proof must be provided that the person is retired. In Mexico, this can be done via a card issued by the Mexican Government called an INAPAM. Obviously, there is no such thing in the US. Therefore, proof to show that a person is retired can be done by a photocopy of a social security check or pension check.

This means that even passengers over 60 will be responsible for paying the park fee of $450 per person unless they can provide that documentation.

Thanks. Solmar told me that the waiver only applies to Mexican Nationals.

I then emailed CONANP to ask but they did not reply.

Would you be willing to share the CONANP message?

Thanks,

Manuel

Hi Manuel,

I'm not sure the response from Solmar makes much sense. I'm not sure many retired Mexican national book trips on the Solmar, Rocio del Mar, or Nautilus Fleet. I have sent out some requests again as I can't locate the original email message thread.

Best regards, Greg

Back
Top Bottom