Socorro - Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladiver33

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just a few days away from our first Socorro trip! Noticed on some sites that mention that dive lights are prohibited in the water (but okay if attached to a camera). Curious if that's actually the case / how strict that is enforced...

I know there is no night diving BUT my buddy and I frequently use "backup lights" (clipped to our BC and rubber strapped on harness) to signal in case of emergencies or to communicate if we find ourselves far apart.

Thanks in advance!

I was in Socorro last year and dive lights were not an issue... because nobody carried them. I assume that they are prohibited for a reason. I would discuss the matter with your hosts if you feel this to be a safety issue for you and your buddy.

I was there earlier this month and had video lights attached to my camera rig on every dive, however most of my video was taken with ambient light. My lights were so seldom used that I did not need to recharge the batteries. There were other divers with video lights as well.

I would not suggest using lights anywhere near hammerheads.

I’ve been told that hammerheads are especially skittish.

gotcha, that makes sense, I wasn't sure if there was something else I was missing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom