Socorro Add-On

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PK1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am doing a Liveaboard trip to Socorro in December. I’m considering an add-on either before or afterwards; either a couple of days of sea lion diving from La Paz or a couple of days diving in Cabo Pulmo. Any recommendations as to which would be the better option?

Hey PK1, We're going in December as well. Which boat and dates? We're looking at doing two days worth of diving beforehand. The plan is to dive Dec. 21 & 22. There is a good document explaining locations and what to see attached below. We're still doing our research on sites as well. I do know we'll most likely do Gordo Banks because it sounds very familiar to Socorro and we want to get all our gear dialed in (New wetsuits & normally dive warmer waters).

Happy Diving,

MJ

Attachments

• divingbajasur article.pdf
    144.7 KB · Views: 18
Hey PK1, We're going in December as well. Which boat and dates? We're looking at doing two days worth of diving beforehand. The plan is to dive Dec. 21 & 22. There is a good document explaining locations and what to see attached below. We're still doing our research on sites as well. I do know we'll most likely do Gordo Banks because it sounds very familiar to Socorro and we want to get all our gear dialed in (New wetsuits & normally dive warmer waters).

Happy Diving,

MJ

We have a similar plan- Diving Dec. 22 and 23 and including Gordo Banks to get dialed in.

Happy Diving,

MJ

Thanks for the useful document. My dates are Dec 15-24 on the Nautilus Belle Amie. I hope you have a great trip.

Nautilus uses See Creatures. I used them in 2019 before going to the Revillagidedos. Conditions were poor, was limited to the marine park, had intended to do the corridor and Gordo Banks. They were a perfectly good operation. I did not have the opportunity to dive before my 2024 visit.

Back
Top Bottom