Social Groups page is STILL messed up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, please explain what part you do not understand:

1.. There is no social group called " Where those visitors and residences of Mexico's Pacific region can "

2. If you check out the social group page ScubaBoard - All Groups, you will see that such items as " Where those visitors and residences of Mexico's Pacific region can " are actually descriptions of the group, not the group name.

3. Furthermore, the link listed as " Where those visitors and residences of Mexico's Pacific region can " did not work, so one cannot get to any particular group via the hyperlink. This was possible before when the Group Name was properly displayed in the "Your Groups section.

I apologize, I ass-u-me'd you would know that. This is about ScubaBoard failing to display properly.
As I recall, this is a setting chosen by the group leader. That's why some social groups show pictures, some just have titles and some have descriptions. It's not a glitch on SB's part, it's the way the person who created the group chose (or didn't choose) to display it. If you look, there are several groups set up each way.

Now that you've explained what the issue is, I'll see if I can find out who the group leader is and see about changing the setting.
Since you deleted the Mexico group, please be so kind as to put it back.
I'll look into that as well.

Since you deleted the Mexico group, please be so kind as to put it back.

Your invitation to join has been sent. Check your user CP to rejoin the group.

This functionality which allegedly doesn't work is part of the core of vBulletin, and is not a ScubaBoard specific "problem". I put "problem" in quotes, because I am not sure this is really a problem.

You can "Subscribe to a Discussion" and/or "Subscribe to a Group" and have that discussion/group appear in your user cp. Beyond that... Admins can't see what groups your are subscribed to, or what threads you are subscribed to.

Attachments

• Groups.JPG
    Groups.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 16
This was possible before when the Group Name was properly displayed in the "Your Groups section.

I uploaded an Icon for the SG. Please let me know if this fixes the problem and meets with your approval.

The name now displays and the link works. Thank you.

This functionality which allegedly doesn't work is part of the core of vBulletin, and is not a ScubaBoard specific "problem". I put "problem" in quotes, because I am not sure this is really a problem.

You can "Subscribe to a Discussion" and/or "Subscribe to a Group" and have that discussion/group appear in your user cp. Beyond that... Admins can't see what groups your are subscribed to, or what threads you are subscribed to.

I am fully aware of your penchant for deciding what is and is not a problem or an issue, no matter what the users report. You make that very clear.

The name now displays and the link works. Thank you.

No problem, now that I understand your issue. I also sent a PM to the group leader to let them know that I updated their chosen display settings.

Now it looks like this, without any groups at all:

This tells me that you are an anti-social person Jax....and that you seem to have trouble coloring inside the lines....:D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom