SoCal diver who could use some advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

Been reading threads for a couple of years now. First post. I dive SoCal (mostly SD) but also a bit of NoCal and wherever I travel (Red Sea, Japan, Med). 170+ dives. First layer of TDI Technical (deco/helitrox).

I am looking for suggestions. With a bad back and heart attack, my double 100s are a bit much for shore dives. I got some old tanks that I am trying to pair, 76s (yes). They are Faber/scubapros with no REEs. I read up on this Board and contacted Bud at BlueSteel. He kindly got the REEs. LDS won't plus them w/o receiving the REEs direct from Faber and Bud got ticked when I raised this with him. He did share the email from his Faber contact, which was again super generous, but LDS is not going to budge.

Anyway, has anyone had any success with a hydro place in SoCal and old tanks with + and REE from the distributor (email)? Perhaps I am SOL but want to keep these tanks at their intended pressure. Thank you.

You could check WestCoast Hydro in Upland. John is a good guy.

If you wanna sell those 100's. Let me know.

Thank you. Yes, 100s are Worthingtons. Will keep. I can still fall out of a boat w/ my back but hauling them from the Shores w/ surf is a bit more challenging.

Back
Top Bottom