SoCal Born-Again Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oberon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey, all!

I'm a newly-minted PADI Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver, and Deep Diver; returning to the sport after more than 20 years out, I found it expedient to just start over--I'd moved enough times that I didn't have my log book any more, and NAUI couldn't find my training records. Gotta thank my brother Matt for getting me back into it. He's on the pro track with PADI.

I live in the Antelope Valley (Lancaster, CA), where I teach high school Drama and English.

I was pretty passionate about diving, back in the day--dove the Philipines and Western Australia during a U.S. Navy WestPac, and subsequently did a bit of diving off the SoCal coast (got my brother into diving, in fact) before letting other things displace diving in my life--and have found that passion to have been smoldering all these years, just waiting a breath of oxygen to flare up again.

Don't know what else to post; if you have questions, ask. I'm pretty transparent.

Welcome to the 'board and back into the water!!!!

Please feel free to drop on down to your local forum and join in our fun here:

SoCal - ScubaBoard

Hope to see you in the water someday soon!

Welcome to the 'board and back into the water!!!!

Please feel free to drop on down to your local forum and join in our fun here:

Hope to see you in the water someday soon!

I'll be touching base with the AV Desert Divers -- they're the club local to my residence -- but I'll also be doing a lot of diving with my brother Matt, a fresh-minted DM in Fontana. I see you're in Ontario; you may know him or he may know you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom