So you want some photos posted eh? How about a manta or 19?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Okey dokey, here is a little number i got on the 26th of Feb 2005, i will always remember that dive.
Shot on film so just got it developed and scanned the other day.
This is the best shot, unfortunate about the bubbles mind you.
Had video in left hand and the NikV with 15mm in the right, wasn't composing at all so not that happy with the photos. Should have concentrated on either the photos or the video, but i got greedy and so neither one is really to my liking.

ANyhoo, in case you are counting, thats 19 mantas out of the 30 plus that were there at the time.

Mike

Great shot, what time of year were you in Yap?? Since, I'm in Guam right now I'm sure I'll get out there some time. I just hope I'm that lucky!!

Can you send a few of those my way? Cool shot.

Chad_Ordelheide:
Great shot, what time of year were you in Yap?? Since, I'm in Guam right now I'm sure I'll get out there some time. I just hope I'm that lucky!!

Thanks for the comments guys (and girl)

Chad, i actually work here in Yap...so its lots of luck and being in the water with a camera everyday...As i said in the first post, Feb 26 was the day that one happened.

Mike

I would have preferred 20...but I guess 19 is okay :wink:

what a special moment.

Mike Veitch:
Okey dokey, here is a little number i got on the 26th of Feb 2005, i will always remember that dive.
Shot on film so just got it developed and scanned the other day.
This is the best shot, unfortunate about the bubbles mind you.
Had video in left hand and the NikV with 15mm in the right, wasn't composing at all so not that happy with the photos. Should have concentrated on either the photos or the video, but i got greedy and so neither one is really to my liking.

ANyhoo, in case you are counting, thats 19 mantas out of the 30 plus that were there at the time.

Mike

Great stuff Mike. Manta madness for sure

I will be in Palau for a few days the first week of April, will try to get to Yap in the near future.

What a sention to be able to dive under 30 mantas.

Really great.

I have to move from Italy and come in one of the Island in the far east (Micronesia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia...) There is so much more to see than here.

Back
Top Bottom