So you think blowing bubble rings is cool...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's pretty cool to watch them blowing these bubbles at Sea World. They go at it like artists, adjusting and changing their rings as they go along. I spend a whole lot of time out there and I've got some fun photos of them doing this!

Belugas are known to do it too, actually. It's pretty neat stuff!

Very very cool. I love when the one eats the bubble. They are so playful and you can almost see him smiling :D.

2376517805_afb6cbf32e.jpg

Here's a couple more of the pics I got of them doing this:

2008-03-17 - Sea World - a set on Flickr

Smart critters! :D

I used to blow bubble rings as a diver in the shows at Ripley's Aquarium. It's not easy to master but it's pretty cool when you finally get it!

How DO you blow bubble rings? I've seen my boss make them on dive, but I can't figure out how the heck he pulls it off.

Similar technique to blowing cigarette smoke. Make an O with your mouth and blow out the air with your tongue in the middle of the lips.

Similar technique to blowing cigarette smoke. Make an O with your mouth and blow out the air with your tongue in the middle of the lips.

Ah, probably why I could never make it work. I have a tongue-tie (ankyloglossia), which prevents me from being able to stick my tongue out or make certain motions with it (like rolling my 'R's). Foo.

Maybe there's another air ring blowing technique. I used to smoke and that's how I blew my smoke rings. Seems to work OK for my bubble rings...about one time out of ten tries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom