So this will be a bit odd.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arak Lea

Registered
Reaction score
And that is an understatement.

I was an old-time diver, I started in 1967 or so. I got a certification before certification was at all formalized in my state. And I have not done much fin-work since maybe 15 years ago.

But I like to design and build stuff. AT one time I had one set of those Farallon brace fins back in the day. They worked very poorly for me until I modified them. Then they were super good for long run cruising. Others have done that mod as well, I have learned recently.

This left a taste in my mouth for inventing improvements.

Anyway I have a new, half developed fin, which will take more effort to finish than I can muster. So in hopes that others will advance the concept, I'm going to give it up to the public.

So that is the only reason I registered with this forum. I will start a new thread, post the patent that I registered as provisional with the USPO. And then see if there are any questions or comments that are interesting.

Welcome to Scuba Board. If you're interested in fin advancements, you might do a quick search for 'Force Fin' - I've never tried them, but they have their fans.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! We will all be excited to see your ideas!

Back
Top Bottom