So, this just happened

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Birddog1911

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
20171119_175359-367856.JPG

Missed the local IE in September, due to a trip. So, took a nice long drive down to Lake Pleasant to take my IE this past weekend. Stressed a bit about some of the testing, but did very well.

Congratulations!

Congratulations sir. Welcome to the circus.

Congrats!...

Congratulations!

Be sure to join the Instructor to instructor forum on ScubaBoard, and look at local diving opportunities in the Rocky Mountain Region forum.

Congrats!

My years as an instructor brought me some of the most amazing experiences (and lowest pay). I got to travel, lead trips and spend lots of time in the water. You have an awesome journey ahead.

But in the water, always be hyper-aware of everything surrounding your students. Be thinking several 'what ifs' ahead. Every instructor on this board will tell you that no matter how much experience you have, the students can still do things you never imagined. Be on guard all the time. Be professional and mindful of your thoughts and actions because you could be held accountable.

I always thought all new instructors should watch this video. It shows how quickly a happy scuba class can turn into a nightmare. It still freaks me out:

Be alert, be aware and enjoy every minute of it.

Oh, Dear!!!

So, can you tell what happened in that video and how you could prevent it the next time you have a class in that situation?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom