So, Papua New Guinea is supposed to be here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah it’s unfortunate but it would appear most people travelling to PNG do not write/post trip reports.

I have been planning a trip to PNG for some time (i am acutally booked on the Febrina for 18-28th Sept 11, but cannot go due to work commitments,anyone interested?) and have been regularly checking out this forum. There have only been a couple of good PNG reports in the last year or so.

Most of the posts here are associated with Fiji & Palau.

Last edited:
Should be classified as part of the Australia/Oceania Region (my favorite geo-oceanographic marine places in the world).

If half of the main island, Irian Jaya, is considered to be in Asia ie. Indonesia.
Then why the other half would be considered in another region?
BTW , how about East Timor?

The Pacific Islands section of SB is kind of weird because, unlike almost all other regional forums, almost all of the posters don't live in the region. As far as I can tell, most of the forum posters who do live in the Pacific are on Guam, but very few posts are about Guam.

I was hoping that I could find a place under Papua New Guinea where I could promote some last minute spaces so maybe this is it.

We have just had 2 last minute cancellations on our 10 night Febrina trip for Sep 18-28 and as result we are offering a 2 for 1 rate - first person pays $3790 + $50 safety+environment and 2nd person pays only the $50. Or if singles, then the rate is $1895 + $50. Got to be the best deal in PNG. This will be the Febrina's signature trip from Walindi Plantation Resort to Kimbe Bay, Fathers Reef & Witu Islands. I did the same trip a couple of years ago and even with a dozen trips all over Indonesia, I still count this as one of the very best. Contact myself at dom@diveadvice.com or my US partner Kirsten Treais at Amazing Adventures Travel in Mill Valley California - kirsten@amazingadventurestravel.com 415 462 1311

Dominick Macan
Dive Advice Travel
dom@diveadvice.com
DIVE ADVICE TRAVEL - Welcome to Dive Advice Travel

"In Partnership with Amazing Adventures Travel of Mill Valley, California"

Yeah it’s unfortunate but it would appear most people travelling to PNG do not write/post trip reports.
Likely because we're keeping the secret to ourselves =p

I guess I should get off my ass and write one...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom