So many she-p options!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lv2dive

Formerly known as KatePNAtl
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I can not believe I have gotten to the point where I am pulling the trigger on a p-valve. Holy cow I never would have believed this day would have come.

Anyways, I've gone and bought my second drysuit in six months so I guess it's time for one of them to have a p-valve. So I went and read a lot on here and on the she-p.com website and now feel very educated. But... overwhelmed with options! Paste or bond or spray? Do I need this soft tape? And what are the extra caps for? Should I get one? I'll be down in N Fl in two weeks so I can purchase (and have installed) at EE, but I just don't see myself having this conversation with Doug!

Your thoughts greatly appreciated.

One word: Urobond. It's head and shoulders superior to the Hollister spray.

I have the QD and I love it. I put the female end on the She-P and the male end on the norprene hose from the p-valve. I don't use extension tubing anywhere. This works for me.

A lot of my failures have come from the non-QD connections between the She-P and the extension tubing, so I got rid of that failure point. I know some folks haven't liked having the hardware of the QD in front of their public bone, but it doesn't bother me.

Buy the remove solvent in the 11 oz bottle size. The little pads are great for removing it from your fingers and countertops, and some people use it to remove the adhesive from their skin (burns me like a flamethrower). But for getting the stuff off the device, I need WAY more than what's on one of those silly pads.

One word: Urobond. It's head and shoulders superior to the Hollister spray.

I have the QD and I love it. I put the female end on the She-P and the male end on the norprene hose from the p-valve. I don't use extension tubing anywhere. This works for me.

A lot of my failures have come from the non-QD connections between the She-P and the extension tubing, so I got rid of that failure point. I know some folks haven't liked having the hardware of the QD in front of their public bone, but it doesn't bother me.

Buy the remove solvent in the 11 oz bottle size. The little pads are great for removing it from your fingers and countertops, and some people use it to remove the adhesive from their skin (burns me like a flamethrower). But for getting the stuff off the device, I need WAY more than what's on one of those silly pads.

The solvent comes in a bottle???:confused: I haven't seen that on the web site, maybe I just missed it.

As for the tubing, I also use the QD. I find it does bruise me a little at times, but it usually is not painful or anything, just a but discolored. Then again I keep so much squeeze on my suit that I'm usually bruised all over. I also agree with the Urobond. I would say most of my She- P failures are from a slight misplacement. Usually just a little rearranging & I'm good to go. I do use the cap on the end of the male QD that is on the She-P when I'm wearing the device when not hooked up. Prevents a little embarrassing wet spot from developing in the front.

P.S. Katepnatl, I'll be down in about a week & a half (the 17th- 23rd),... maybe we'll get a chance to meet eachother:D, as it looks like I'll diving with my buddy at Peacock & Ginnie.

I love having indoor plumbing and with a little care it works :). I supose you read this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/diving-related/346338-question-she-p-users.html It contains lots of good information.

Deffinately go with Urbond glue, I don't use tape. There are plugs to cover the ends of quick disconnet when not in use. So one covers the tube to the pee valve after you disconnect it, and the other covers the tube to the shepee - Both are handy before you clean things up.

I use the extension tube to move the quick disconnect away from sensitive parts, but used a zip tie to secure where it connects to the she pee for added strength.

There are many good tips in the mentioned thread. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom