So Long Red Sea and Thanks For All the Fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crowley

Master Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I finally found my way back to SB after taking a leave of absence, mostly because I was stuck in the UK not doing anything. I left Sharm at the end of February, and I have to say, that was the right decision for me. I will miss some of the diving, but I clocked up well over 1500 dives there (at least), so I've been there, done that, and it was mostly awesome.

My Blog's back up and running because after taking some much needed rest and relaxation (and bacon), I've moved to Nusa Lembongan, a small island just off mainland Bali, where I am the diving manager and instructor for a small up-and-coming resort. A whole world of difference from Sharm!

I'll continue to be in the Red Sea forum, although not as much as I used to be - and I'd like to say a Big THANK YOU for all the messages of support during what was actually a very difficult time for me in the months before I left Sharm.

No regrets.

Dive safe,

C.

Bali, Bali good

Glad to hear that you have managed to find work elsewhere Crowley.

Despite living in the Middle East, SE Asia is my location of choice for diving, so perhaps I will find my way to Bali again :)

I just told my husband I want to go to Bali . . .

"Multidimensional dodecahedron in an unimaginative circular bovine backside" . . . Crowley, keep writing!

Hi Crowley, Glad to hear that you are enjoying Bintang on Nusa Lembogan, a truly beautiful island and beautiful diving. We are so thankful for your help in answering so many questions for our trip to the Red Sea. I hope you received my message to you on Bali, it is interesting that you ended up at one of our favorite places. If you run into Diving Lembogan please say a hello for me to Sue Bebe and John. They have 2 dvds that I made and sent to them after our trip to dive with them. While there you should visit and dive Menjangen Island in N CORNER OF Bali near Permuteran. I contacted your old diveop in Sharm and they were glad to know you suggested them to me. We were in Lembogan in sept. 09, enjoy Chrystal Bay and manta point , we will look you up when we visit , maybe next year. Thank you again for all your help. Scubajeg1, John.

Back
Top Bottom