So, lake 288 closed? What happened.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds good Dan. I'm on the CCA Star tagging team so been to sea center a ton. I work shiftwork so if I'm free I'll definitely try and make some of the meeting

Reactions: Dan
Sounds good Dan. I'm on the CCA Star tagging team so been to sea center a ton. I work shiftwork so if I'm free I'll definitely try and make some of the meeting
Good to know. Just let me know if you plan to come in the future. There won’t be a meeting next month as many of us would be out of town. I’ll be in Malpelo, Colombia with @scubadada

Sounds good. I want to try and dive mammoth this Sat if it works out for the wifey schedule

I stopped by the old 288 Lake last weekend and snapped a few pics from outside the gate. They're posted here.

There's also a panorama posted on the CHUM FB page.

Made me a little sad to see it like that.

Wow, in all my years of diving and in texas, never heard of lake 288.

It was known as the Reef when I started diving 22 years ago. It changed to 288 Lake when there was a change in the operator of the business. For a while it was part of Houston's SCUBA Triangle - 288 Lake / Twin Lakes / Lost Lake (another one that has faded into the annals) were all within a few miles of each other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom