So... Is the Roatan Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John_B

Grasshopper
Reaction score
... an overhauled Bay Island Aggressor or a new boat? Inquiring minds want to know!

It is not the bay islands aggressor. The bay islands aggressor is still rotting away in Roatan. The pci below was from august 2016.

img0756.jpg

I believe the new aggressor is a later version of an aggressor (after the bay islands scow) that became the MV Caribbean Pearl and then morphed back into an aggressor (after several years of very little activity?).

Bay Islands, Honduras - MV Caribbean Pearl II Liveaboard | Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF)

What giffenk said.

I saw the boat (now the Roatan Aggressor) operating as the Utila Aggressor off Utila about 5? years ago.

Then they renamed it to the Pearl and it was booked thru DivEncounters - the Peter Hughes operation. Troy Bodden - who also owned Laguna Beach Resort - closed both operations in the last couple of years so apparently the boat is now an Aggressor again.

Capture.JPG

It's a nice boat, we went by it (but didn't board). They were diving the Halliburton wreck at the time - apparently still do on the new itinerary.

What giffenk said.

I saw the boat (now the Roatan Aggressor) operating as the Utila Aggressor off Utila about 5? years ago.

Then they renamed it to the Pearl and it was booked thru DivEncounters - the Peter Hughes operation. Troy Bodden - who also owned Laguna Beach Resort - closed both operations in the last couple of years so apparently the boat is now an Aggressor again.

View attachment 403826

It's a nice boat, we went by it (but didn't board). They were diving the Halliburton wreck at the time - apparently still do on the new itinerary.
Maybe more than 5 years?

We think we were on the last trip of the scow and it was in 2004.

Bay Islands Aggressor 2004 | www.kengiffen.com

Prettiest Swiftships in the whole fleet.

I am BEYOND excited about sampling her itinerary. We plan to spend a week aboard the Roatan Aggressor and then spend a few extra nights on the island hanging out with friends. September can't get here quickly enough :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom