So I went for a stroll in the East valley...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK more like a long drive...

Needed a fill and since my LDS's compressor was out, I've met my quota for Sports Chalet visits in month and I was bored I thought hey I'll go visit another LDS I've never been too.

1st on my list was Inland Water Divers, Goodyear. It's the only Westside LDS I've never visited but after calling them, their hours are like 4:30pm to 7:30pm M-F. Uh OK. That stretch of I-10 is something that rhymes with witch during those hours and I'm not driving in rush hour unless I'm heading to California! Sorry Capt.Pete maybe in another life :no

Next...

After hearing all the good things scubajcf has going on at Oasis Divers, Phoenix, I thought what the heck I'll cross the demarcation line and travel East and check out what John's got going on over there.:14: So I packed up my Eastside survival kit, topped off the gas tank (you don't want to run out of gas over there you know) and headed out...

Luckily for me John was there or It would have been a meaningless trip. I got see first hand the construction work going on at the shop, the temporary shop (Oasis South :D ) and got to hear first hand all of the plans they have for the center :11: . Too much information to relay here and I'd probably botch it up anyways. So I'll let him tell you when he's ready.:eyebrow:

I was really impressed by what they are doing to the place and can't wait to see it when it's finished it's extensive and the post-remodel should be really nice with a lot of amenities. I'll be back for the Grand Reopening on April 7th! *Sigh* If only it were closer to me.

I took about an hour of John's valuable time and then was on my way, unfortunately without a fill :( The compressor was down for a couple days...

So as I was leaving the parking lot my choices were go back to Sports Chalet(Ugg) or keep on truckin'...:14:

Next...

booth22 and others have talked highly of Saguaro Sports, Mesa, so I thought what the heck, since I've already contaminated myself by crossing the West/East border and the Eastside stench hasn't killed me yet :wink: , I figured suck it up dude, just breathe through your mouth and off I went...

Saguaro Sports is a nice shop tucked back into an industrial complex 'bout the same gear as you'd find at most LDS's. I guess I had the impression they'd have more "tech" gear, but they had none (out?). Prices however were outstanding from what I could tell. The employees were super nice. It reminded me of one of those gift shops on the side of the road with all the knick-knacks you can't help walking through very warm and inviting. I spent about 30-45 minutes browsing while getting my FREE fill, now you can't beat FREE.:)

So I was starting to get nauseous being that close to the Atlantic, so I headed back to the Bestside. Alas I had been looking for a SMB but didn't find what I was looking for :shakehead but did manage a FREE fill...

I've now been across Central Ave. twice in 3 days, I feel really dirty, I have to go shower now :shower:

-Garrett

Thanks for stopping by Garrett. It was nice to see you.

To answer your inquiry: We are open throughout this remodeling. The last week and half has been a challenge, but we haven't closed one day. As Garrett mentioned, we have a rather large warehouse set up in the same shopping plaza and we have been working out of there. Our compressor is down through Thursday (keeping fingers crossed). We are doing some maintenance and upgrades to it.

We should have our retail shop back in our main store on Wednesday and will begin moving. So, by Sunday we should be back in our retail store, in full swing. We are actually ahead of schedule (knock on wood). We have a Grand Reopening on Saturday April 7th -- 7a to 7p. We'll have a lot of things on sale and a large clearance section (moving old stock). We'll release the details next Monday when we are back in full swing. I will post it in the marketplace.

Stay tuned, there's a lot about to happen at Oasis Divers ... and it will not be a "mirage".

jcf

Garrett, sounds like a busy day. I've done the LDS visit trip before. Just haven't hit the ones you did yet.

Funny, Tucson is just the opposite - the stench is on the west side - literally! :wink:

Touche! :D

You just need a good tour guide to show you the best parts of the East Valley.

First off, all us Scotttsdale upper-crusts KNOW that demographically most PEST-siders don't waste hot water on showers nor cold water on toothbrushing, and
two bucks is the entire discretionary spending budget for the average pest-side family. Sorry you blew it all on a shower!
That's IF the registration for their 72 Chevy Caprice with the yellow trunk lid, the blue doors and the green painted steel rims isn't due the month before last, which they haven't paid along with their APS bill:D :D

I just hope that John's new shop keeps the spirit of the enjoyable, clean retailer experience we require of a successful venture on the successful side. And, just like the real estate, we'll be happy to pay more if the view's better. Hot babes in G-strings for sales personnel?

BTW, is SS considered Pest-side? I rest my case:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom