So I went and bought some gear today.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

racedude1984

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well I went and purchased gear for my lovely wife today. I'm kinda 2nd guessing myself on weather I got a good deal or not and was wondering what you guys think on how I did. Here is everything I walked out with. I will leave the name of the location out of the story for now.

-Aeris Contour BCD
-Atomic Z2X regulator
-Sea elite SX30 Octo
-Oceanic Veo 180 Navcom computer
-Henderson Neosport Xspan Jumpsuit Womens 7MM
-salt life sticker for the scuba mobile
-BC hanger
-another oceanic veo 180 navcom for me :D

walked out spending $1,609. I feel like I got a good deal I just 2nd guess my self because of the places a person can purchase the same stuff. I'm curious if you guys think this was a good price for what I got?

How does the Sea Elite SX30 perform? If you plan on being your wife's #1 dive buddy, that reg is actually your reg, you know.

FWIW, I think you got pretty good prices on everything you bought. Before buying scuba gear, I always do a quick comparison with ScubaToys prices (including the 10% forum member discount) and Leisurepro.

How does the Sea Elite SX30 perform? If you plan on being your wife's #1 dive buddy, that reg is actually your reg, you know.

FWIW, I think you got pretty good prices on everything you bought.

I really never thought about it like that. thats the same octo I have and I test it every time I actually like it we have practiced emergency situations and as long as it gives me air I'm happy with it.

OK. As long as you are happy with the performance and the octo is tuned properly, that's all that matters. I'm assuming that the SX30 works well with the recommended IP on the Atomic first stage. I can understand why you didn't want to buy the Atomic Z2 octo since it isn't cheap (approx. $290).

It wouldn't be a bad idea for a dive buddies to buy each others octos. After all, in an OOA scenario, the likely person using your octo is...your buddy.

The BCD and wetsuit fit your wife, right?

I'm sure your wife will really appreciate her Valentine's Day present. :D

There is always a better deal out there, no matter where you bought it. The important thing is are you comfortable with the gear you bought?

yes we tryed everything on and fit just right. The people were really friendly and walked us through everything. We originally wanted to get an oceanic GT3 reg but we decided to get something with a swivel then we talked about Atomics warranty and comfort. Everything is brand new and we are all very happy with the products and the warranties the shop offers.

It seems like there are almost as many people who consult the forum after they buy their gear as there are who do so beforehand. I don't agonize much over purchases in general, but I certainly don't do so after the fact. It's pretty difficult to buy bad gear these days; it's pretty easy to get a bad deal, however. At a glance I'd guess that you did neither.

Here's a good place to compare prices:

LeisurePro.com

As others stated as long as your happy with the gear thats all that matters if you want to know if you over paid. Take your recipt and go to www.scubatoys.com and match item to item and look at price you paid and price they offer. You can also check www.Leisurepro.com but remember with them there is no warranty. Some people care some don't personally I have bought several things with no issues. But to each his own. I am a very aggresive person when shopping for scuba equipment let me know if you look how you made out.

It appears that Leisurepro is having trouble with their supply line for Atomic, and with Aqualung as well. They show no Atomic regulators and very few Aqualungs. For example, they have long been out of stock on Legend LX, and, even though it has been on the market for more than a year, have never listed the Titan LX ACD. My LDS tells me this model is selling very well.

Well I went and purchased gear for my lovely wife today. I'm kinda 2nd guessing myself on weather I got a good deal or not and was wondering what you guys think on how I did. Here is everything I walked out with. I will leave the name of the location out of the story for now.

-Aeris Contour BCD
-Atomic Z2X regulator
-Sea elite SX30 Octo
-Oceanic Veo 180 Navcom computer
-Henderson Neosport Xspan Jumpsuit Womens 7MM
-salt life sticker for the scuba mobile
-BC hanger
-another oceanic veo 180 navcom for me :D

walked out spending $1,609. I feel like I got a good deal I just 2nd guess my self because of the places a person can purchase the same stuff. I'm curious if you guys think this was a good price for what I got?

If you're asking if you got ripped-off...the answer is YES! (I mean c'mon...you actually bought a BC hanger?)

:eyebrow:

As others have said, once you buy gear...STOP looking at prices!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom