So glad to be here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Triton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I must say that I found this site by accident and it looks like the place to be. You are all doing an outstanding job.

As for me, I reside in Hayward, CA. Been diving for a little over 3 years now mostly around the Monterey area and every so often I make my way down to the Channel Islands (usually on the VISION). Still working on a tropical diving vacation. Hopefully next year. Any suggestions about a nice tropical place???

Hi Triton,

Welcome to ScubaBoard! If you ever make it down to San Diego, let us know. As far as suggestions for a tropical dive spot, you might check the travel section of the board. I know I have seen some posts about trips in the planning and the like. If you don't see something that piques your interest, feel free to post a request for information or opinions.

Good luck and once again, welcome aboard.

Cheers,

Hi Triton,

Welcome to Scubaboard!

I live in the LA area and have been diving for 13 years. My diving buddy, (also my wife) hates to dive in cold water (as if Southern California is THAT COLD?) so we do a lot of diving where the water is warm. I would have to say that where you go depends a lot on how much you want to spend.
The best tropical diving we've done was on a live-aboard trip to the the Great Barrier Reef. I was a little pricey, but well worth it.
We dove with a company called PRO-DIVE in Cairns, and I would have to say that there crew was very knowledgable and we couldn't have had a better time.

Hope this helps,

Bubblehead Moe

Welcome to the board! Thanks for the nice comments. Now all you have to do is come over to the other coast for some warm, clear beach diving!

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

Triton:
I must say that I found this site by accident and it looks like the place to be. You are all doing an outstanding job.

As for me, I reside in Hayward, CA. Been diving for a little over 3 years now mostly around the Monterey area and every so often I make my way down to the Channel Islands (usually on the VISION). Still working on a tropical diving vacation. Hopefully next year. Any suggestions about a nice tropical place???
welcome to the board,have lots of fun diving here and in the ocean.peace :wink: :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom