Snow/Pac boot liners in drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DDKL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have the common issue of drysuit boots that are too large. My spare/backup suit is relatively cheap and I don’t want to add the cost of replacing the boots if possible.

Last time I dived it I wore thick socks + liner socks with fin keepers and they were fairly secure but I’m considering getting some thin snow/pac boot liners and using those in place of an outer thick pair of socks.

Has anyone tried this? I feel it might pad out the boots better than adding layers of socks and should be more comfortable. (I’d try this right now but I’m waiting on the suit coming back from another service issue).

Thanks,

D.

I picked some up to try that very thing. Never made it in the water. They just didn't feel right. The liners I got didn't like moving the ankle around. Boots hold the bottom of the foot perpendicular to the leg. The boot liner didn't like my foot in the dive position. Bunched up around the heel real bad. Something socks don't do.

Your results might vary. But if looking at boot liners think about how your ankle moves around while diving and if the liner will be happy in those positions.

I’m thinking if I can find a cheap pair of the more traditional wool felt type liners then it might work better than the stiffer ones that are common now. I have some older pac boots that I might borrow liners from for a test run.

I’m also considering just adding some volume reducing insoles as that would also help keep a firm footbed for power transfer to the fins...

Back
Top Bottom