Snorkeling in Mauritius or Seychellen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello,

We're planning a snorkeling trip to Mauritius or the Seychellen this september.
Has anybody been there? And which of these countries would you chose?
Could you give us some advice on snorkeling spots / beaches were we should go to?
And perhaps places were we shouldn't go to.

Thanks for the advice.

Haven't been to The Seychells, but have been to Mauritius many times as my wife's family live there. My favourite spot for snorkeling is probably Blue Bay near Mahebourg in the South East of the Island. It's a protected Marine Park with a large shallow reef with a huge Brain coral. Much less touristy than the north and the beach is public access.

In the 80's we used to catch a bus from Curepipe to Flic en Flac in the west which was lovely. However went there about 5 years ago and didn't recognise the place due to overdevelopment.

Flic en Flac really is the place to avoid. I too agree that Mahebourg is where you will find nice topside and reasonable diving although I only had a quick look so no expert, far less crowded and you're in close proximity to Le Chameral 7 coloured earth, black river gorge and Le Morne.

Depending on if you enjoy festivals or not there is a big festival (Divali?) in March where the island is full of worshippers and parades that can make driving anywhere quite a headache and hotel prices soar and availability in short supply...beware of Air BnB or Bed and Breakfasts at this time - I booked one that did not exist!

Back
Top Bottom