Snorkeler attacked in FL Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bull sharks can be extremely aggressive and even attack boats. I will give the victim the benefit of doubt, before I accuse him of precipitating the attack.

Bull sharks can be extremely aggressive and even attack boats. I will give the victim the benefit of doubt, before I accuse him of precipitating the attack.

I find it a little suspicious they had a drone in the air to document an unsuspected attack.

Hopefully your "redneck neighbors" ain't a'readin this...

They ain't a'divers, but I might post it on Facebook, where they can see it. They know how.any beers have been held for their antics.

Hopefully your "redneck neighbors" ain't a'readin' this...

I've called them out. Names are redacted, as you aren't my FB friends.

Shark Attack.png

I find it a little suspicious they had a drone in the air to document an unsuspected attack.
That guys channel has some pretty cool drone footage. Check out the one when he is fishing on Greg Norman's boat and they have a hammerhead eat a black tip they have on the line.

That guys channel has some pretty cool drone footage. Check out the one when he is fishing on Greg Norman's boat and they have a hammerhead eat a black tip they have on the line.

I love how it's called a "random attack" when you can see a couple fishing rods out in that video.

Bulls have two settings - on and off. I've had a lot of days when we have problems getting them to approach us in the water; most of the close encounters I've had are when there are a lot of them and the numbers advantage makes them bolder. Last time I was out of Jupiter Inlet we started the drift getting mobbed by small Caribbean reef sharks and it was actually something of a relief when eight bulls showed up to chase the little punks off.

If the victim was hit "as soon as he jumped in the water," I wonder if the shark just hit whatever made the big splash; sounds like it was a hit-and-run with no follow-up bites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom