Snorkel & dive with Panasonic TS3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Been out snorkeling a couple of times and diving once with my Panasonic TS3. It's a fun little camera that seems capable of pretty good images under the sea. My initial impressions are that it isn't as good as using my Canon A720 in the Canon housing, but then again I know that camera better - perhaps after I use the Panasonic TS3 a few more times I'll figure out how to get the best out of it.

One thing that has surprised me is how well it's done in some pretty crappy conditions. Most of my images look like the viz was about 100 times better than it actually was LOL

In the meantime, here are some happy shots of my adventures in Exmouth Gulf & the Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia
Stonefish | snorkeling 3m
FEB12_150kja.jpg

sparkly bubble coral shrimp | diving 10+m
FEB12_163kja.jpg

Pair o' fish | snorkeling 2m
FEB12_160kja.jpg

Green turtle | diving 10+m
FEB12_161kja.jpg

Green turtle | diving 10m
FEB12_167kja.jpg

Fishes | diving 10m
FEB12_165kja.jpg

Bannerfish | diving 10m
FEB12_164kja.jpg

blue spotted ray \ snorkeling 3m
FEB12_172kja.jpg

Some more on my blog if anyone's keen.

Last edited:
Wow, no love for the Pany :( It's proving to be quite a little charmer for me. Won't replace my Big Girl Camera, but it's far more practical for snorkeling from the beach and as a fun cam to have along! Here's a couple from yesterday's snorkel
anemonefish
FEB12_176.jpg

Hairy hermit crab
FEB12_178kja.jpg

juvenile tawny nurse shark
FEB12_181kja.jpg

So far this camera gets a big thumbs up from me :)

Wanted to get back into the BGC today but instead got a lovely leak alarm go off early into dive one. Had a few droplets inside but none on electrics or anything important. Didn't chance taking it back in for dive two as I want to really have a good look first so ended up once again using the Panasonic TS3 for the day. Conditions were pretty tough, but it did an ok job :)

Nembrotha cristata | Jaws 12m
MAR12_101kja.jpg

great photos...my wife has one that i used for some snorkeling....really like that camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom