SMS75 sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1Cave Ghost

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I want to buy a Hollis SMS75 and I am in between sizes, I think.
I tried on a buddies Lg/XLG, my buddy though it was a little big on me. It cinched up fine but, It could definitely accommodate someone larger than my 6', 170, thin frame. So whats the difference between a SM/MD and the LG/XLG ? (they don't make a md/lg)
If its just the length of the straps, I would probably go with the SM/MD.
Advice about the SMS 75 sizing appreciated.

have you looked at a xdeep or katana instead? I haven't seen any good reasons for the SMS these days
The Katana creates a hump back from what I have seen and I'm not sold on the XDeep. It looks like; and a guy wearing one, told me its difficult to attach the butt clips. Been told using steel tanks and carrying stages can be difficult. Plus a crusty kinda old, cave country, area instructor told me I was going "woke" if I got one. Not sure what he meant, but it didn't sound good.

the 2.0 version holds shape better for the katana. adding a buttplate for rails is an option if you are running longer steel tanks and find the rear drop rings a problem.

The Katana creates a hump back from what I have seen and I'm not sold on the XDeep. It looks like; and a guy wearing one, told me its difficult to attach the butt clips. Been told using steel tanks and carrying stages can be difficult. Plus a crusty kinda old, cave country, area instructor told me I was going "woke" if I got one. Not sure what he meant, but it didn't sound good.
Xdeep or Razor would be my top choices. If you search here, you can find people advocating that in 2023, dive instructors should be teaching dive tables, so take your crusty instructor with a grain of salt...

I dive the xdeep tech and I love it. I'm also as far from woke as one can get without being a complete ass.

The katana 2 does not beach ball whatsoever…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom